Question Upgrading motherboard and ram

Mar 2, 2019
Hello :)

I'm upgrading my motherboard and ram but I'm unsure if my I7-7700 (Non K) works with the motherboard i want.

My main reason for upgrading my motherboard is to get 3200mhz ram.

The motherboard I was looking at is:
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI) S-1151

If they don't match does anyone know of a motherboard that supports i7 7700 and 3200mhz ram?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Hello @Burugle

Is there any good reason, why do You want to do that? You won't see much change in performance? (if any)

At first impression, it sounds, like You had too much money ;-)

If i wanted to change something here, i'd sell entire setup (mobo+cpu+ram) and after selling it for a good money, i'd buy ryzen2xxx / intel 9 series. But 7700 is just okay, there won't be much difference when You change ram frequency

Mar 2, 2019
Hello @Burugle

Is there any good reason, why do You want to do that? You won't see much change in performance? (if any)

At first impression, it sounds, like You had too much money ;-)

If i wanted to change something here, i'd sell entire setup (mobo+cpu+ram) and after selling it for a good money, i'd buy ryzen2xxx / intel 9 series. But 7700 is just okay, there won't be much difference when You change ram frequency

Hehe, I understand that I won't see much difference in performance.

The parts I was looking at was on a good sale so I thought this would be a great time to upgrade some parts. They didn't have any cpu's for a good price so I thought I'd wait. Hence why I asked if the cpu would fit the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS