Question Upgrading Motherboard, CPU, RAM and SSD

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
So I'm planning to upgrade my Motherboard, CPU, RAM and buy a new SSD. I'm switching from Intel to AMD and I don't know the exact steps I should take to avoid any problems with the old drivers.
I also want to keep my older HDD's (2 of them) and I'd like to know how to back up the documents from the old HDD.
And I want to install windows on the new SSD, so how do I remove the old windows from the HDD so I don't get any errors?
Do I need to fully wipe my old HDD before installing the new parts? If yes, how exactly If i have windows on it?
Sorry if these questions seem dumb, but I've never done something similar to this, so I'd like to do everything perfectly step by step. I've looked at some videos I found but none of them seem to explain in detail how to do it.
Thank You!

And when i reconnect the other HDDs how do I remove the windows from the old one?
You can view it through explorer and access files if you wish, or whatever you want.

What is the budget and in which country will you be purchasing?

Do you have a discrete GPU? Are you going to use one, or will onboard iGPU's be okay?

What are your main uses, and what are your goals if gaming?

What monitor do you have?

I'd start with something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($389.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($132.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($227.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($125.65 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 CORE Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card ($519.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1738.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-26 12:09 EDT-0400

This is a high quality builds with really good parts. Depending on what you want to do with the system, there are a number of changes that could be made to reduce the overall cost, at the expense of performance.

Other users will also have builds for you.