Question Upgrading Motherboard

Jan 7, 2020
Hey all I recently got an ancient M58 Lenovo Thinkcentre, and found the case to be really sick. Its using a MTQ45NK mobo, with an E8500 Core2 Duo CPU. Obviously, this cpu isnt up to current standards, so I was thinking of upgrading the CPU or building a Sleeper PC. Problem is, the mobo seems to be an ancient BTX board, a pico BTX one at that. So I'm not sure if I will be able to fix a modern mobo inside. Can anyone confirm the MTQ45NK motherboard format? Also, since a mATX is smaller than a pico BTX board, is it possible to fit one inside? Thanks!

Hey all I recently got an ancient M58 Lenovo Thinkcentre, and found the case to be really sick. Its using a MTQ45NK mobo, with an E8500 Core2 Duo CPU. Obviously, this cpu isnt up to current standards, so I was thinking of upgrading the CPU or building a Sleeper PC. Problem is, the mobo seems to be an ancient BTX board, a pico BTX one at that. So I'm not sure if I will be able to fix a modern mobo inside. Can anyone confirm the MTQ45NK motherboard format? Also, since a mATX is smaller than a pico BTX board, is it possible to fit one inside? Thanks!
Since you have a BTX motherboard, a standard motherboard standoffs and the IO ports (shield cutout) location won't align with the case.

Jan 7, 2020
Since you have a BTX motherboard, a standard motherboard standoffs and the IO ports (shield cutout) location won't align with the case.
Ah yes I thought of that. So my plan now is that I want to mount the board first, then cut out the IO shield. I'll use an PCIE extension to mount my GPU separately. Will an itx/atx board mount properly?