Question Upgrading my cooling + lighting

silentwitness

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
hey i currently have the NZXT Hue+ which seems to be malfunctioning and causing my pc to loose power completely. I am looking to upgrade but cant decide what to get. I have a CoolerMaster Master case 5 pro case and an Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero mobo with the stock Wraith RGB cooler. My current lighting and fan config is

3 x NZXT Aer Fans at front of the case

3 x normal non RGB Fans( 2 on top and 1 at rear)

1 x RGB lighting strip Kit

To upgrade I am a little confused whether to go for NZXT hue2 (3fan kit + lighting strip at 140$) and sacrifice the Aura sync or should i get something like the Antec Prizm kit which would give me 3 RGB fans + 2 lighting strips for only 60$). Also planning to upgrade the RAM and get either the Kingston RGB or Corsair RGB. That decision would also depend on which lighting kit/fans i would get.

Lutfij

Titan
I would look at your PSU first if you're saying that the lighting is erratic before you completely rule the controller(NZXT Hue+) to be faulty. You could pick up an RGB/aRGB splitter and connect it off the boards headers. CoolerMaster seems to have a splitter(and a control module as well).

silentwitness

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
the min i turn on the lights within a very short while my pc will turn off, If i keep it off even the box lights my pc has remained on for over a month that includes during gaming so im quire sure its the lights.