Question Upgrading my CPU (AMD 2700x -> 5800x), should I ditch my Wraith Prism CPU cooler?

Mar 28, 2021
The reason I'm asking is because my Wraith Prism cooler currently sits EXTREMELY tight against the CPU. Like, it took a mix of finagling the clip and force to get that thing on. I have replaced it once while cleaning my pc, and it was actually just as hard to get that thing off because of the pressure. I also managed to bend CPU pins because the thermal paste dried onto the CPU (Not sure if that's related). Apparently this pressure is just a design variance issue, and not all are like that.

I'm honestly just worried about accidentally damaging my new CPU upon install (Or future maintenance) because of this. I was hoping to get any thoughts or feedback from someone, or any recommendations for a replacement. I was thinking about getting a Noctua one just because I know they're a reliable name.

Thanks!

Edit: I have an MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon ac motherboard if you're wondering.

Mar 28, 2021
Budget?
Case?
Fan configuration?
Full system specs?

I didn't include that because I was mainly just concerned about the cooler itself, but my specs are:
NZXT H510 Mid-Tower
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon ac
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
RAM: Trident Z RGB, DDR4-3000MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V, 32GB (2x16GB) (Also, I found out after I bought these that they're technically not compatible with AMD, but the 3200Mhz ones were)
Storage: (2x) Silicon Power NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280 TLC R/W up to 3,400/3,000MB/s SSD (500Gb and 1Tb)
Monitor: 2560x1440
Fans: Stock (Never had any big issues with temps, so I haven't upgraded them yet)

Budget is whatever. But I don't need top of the line.

Last edited: