Upgrading my CPU or GPU?

Dec 18, 2018
Im currently planning to upgrade my pc but im thinking which one is worth, upgrading my CPU or GPU?
Here are my pc specs:

CPU:a10 6790k APU
GPU:radeon hd 8670d
Ram: 4gb kingston 1600mhz
PSU: evga 700watts
Mobo:Gigabyte fm2

If upgrading for cpu is better I would buy the i5 4460 bundle (plus mobo)

If upgrading for gpu is better I would upgrade my iGPU to gtx 960/660

So which one is worth?

Solution

Never mind then consider the GPU which is what holding you back. And take RAM at least up to 8G
Consider GTX 660, cheap and more capable than what you have.

InvalidError

Titan
If your GPU upgrade ambitions only go up to a GTX660-960, I'd say nail two birds with one stone by upgrading to a Ryzen 2200G + B450 motherboard + 16GB of DDR4-2866 or better for about $270 total. You basically need at least 8GB of RAM to be comfortable running a browser with a few other things open in the background. With graphics (including the desktop) eating into system RAM when using the IGP, that gets considerably worse so 16GB becomes a practical necessity if you plan to do remotely serious gaming.

I think option one is the best thing to do because even after you pay for that GPU... you can’t except that much performance upscale because of the weak CPU you already have. So GPU can be add later first try to upgrade CPU and MOBO which the most worth thing to do.

I would consider “InvalidError”s’ suggestion and for the CPU go for a R5 2400G instead of a 2200G if you not wish to add a GPU.

Dec 18, 2018
But im currently on a tight budget, mostly my budget is around 150$ (im from PH) , and my only reason for upgrading is to record while playing League of Legends and some other games that is not demanding, im currently having 70-50 fps while playing league in my current specs and the settings are tweaked to (medium-low) but when I try to record while playing even on the lowest settings my frame drops to 40-30 which is uncomfortable

InvalidError

Titan

I have only one problem with the 2400G: its MSRP is ~$30 too high for what it is compared to the 2200G at 70% more expensive for ~40% more performance. At $150 retail (50% more expensive), it would be considerably more palatable.

Never mind then consider the GPU which is what holding you back. And take RAM at least up to 8G
Consider GTX 660, cheap and more capable than what you have.

Solution