Hello everyone.
Currently, i have:
AMD FX-6300
Chieftec gps-500ab,
fera 2 cooler
8gb of ddr3 ram
r7 370 2gb
and an asrock 970m pro 3.

I need to upgrade my CPU, but i do not want to change my motherboard for now, so i am looking for a better am3+ processor.
Do ye think that i should buy an FX-8370E? Will there be any difference?
Thank you in advance :)

Solution

The best is the FX-9590 but it is very hot and consumes a lot of power, i agree you should chuck a new Power Supply in there for safety's sake. Even if you upgrade within 2 years, a good Power Supply can be moved over to another build. I agree with Trafalgar though, spending the cash on a new FX CPU isn't really justifiable for the amount of Performance you'll get for your money. You'd be better off using what you have now for a better CPU even if it means a new socket. An i5 7xxx or Ryzen 5 would...
You really aren't going to feel much difference with any high end FX 8XXX processors. If you want to upgrade, switch over to Intel, and upgrade your GPU to a GTX 1060, RX 580 in the future. Also, you may also want to replace that PSU of your to a decent and reliable one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.48 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $229.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-23 11:53 EDT-0400

rexis_

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
See, i only want to change my CPU for now, not anything else, because i will be buying a completely new pc when i turn 18 (2 years time) so i need an am3+ cpu. Do you reccomend buying the FX-8350? Heard that its the best am3+ out there?

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

The best is the FX-9590 but it is very hot and consumes a lot of power, i agree you should chuck a new Power Supply in there for safety's sake. Even if you upgrade within 2 years, a good Power Supply can be moved over to another build. I agree with Trafalgar though, spending the cash on a new FX CPU isn't really justifiable for the amount of Performance you'll get for your money. You'd be better off using what you have now for a better CPU even if it means a new socket. An i5 7xxx or Ryzen 5 would do nicely. Other thing is you can re-use them too, or at least when you are 18 keep the Motherboard for say a B250 with an i5 and just upgrade to an i7 which would be cheaper by that point and chuck some more RAM + new GPU in for example.

Solution

rexis_

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

Okay, thank you.
Do you think i could OC my fx 6300? Is my mobo suitable for OCing? By the way, i have a fera 2 cooling on my cpu.