[SOLVED] Upgrading my CPU

Apr 6, 2020
Hey,

I have been wondering if I need a bios update or Bios Reset. If I upgraded my 2600X to 3600X. Like 2 years ago I had the 1600 then I upgrade to the 2600X. I had to do a Bios update to get it working. So do I need to update my bios again when switching?

Thank you for time
Have a good day!

Solution
Your manual will state how to do it. Every board has their own way of doing things. If you want a real upgrade, I would go with the 3700x, for better multi-threaded support, in future titles. I am not convinced you will see the FPS increase, you are expecting, with the GPU you are using.
Hey,

I have been wondering if I need a bios update or Bios Reset. If I upgraded my 2600X to 3600X. Like 2 years ago I had the 1600 then I upgrade to the 2600X. I had to do a Bios update to get it working. So do I need to update my bios again when switching?

Thank you for time
Have a good day!

It really depends on your specifications. Especially your motherboard. Can you please list them down and then we can continue

Apr 6, 2020
Yes, you will need to update the bios, to run the 3rd gen ryzen. I really don't see the need to upgrade from a 2600x to a 3600x though.
I wanted to upgrade it because I wanted it for flexing purposes on my friends. But mostly for performance-wise. It is quite similar but there is like a 10-25 fps difference which I like to have. Can you tell me the steps on how to update the Bios because I forgot to. If it doesn't take too much of your time.

logainofhades

Titan
Your manual will state how to do it. Every board has their own way of doing things. If you want a real upgrade, I would go with the 3700x, for better multi-threaded support, in future titles. I am not convinced you will see the FPS increase, you are expecting, with the GPU you are using.

Solution
Apr 6, 2020
Gotcha Thank you for helping me with this. One more question Do you think I should upgrade my GPU While getting the 3700X. Or my current GPU Is fine.