Upgrading my current PC

jamiesage123

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hello!

I am looking to spend around £400 (GBP) on upgrading my current computer which I mostly use for gaming.

I also use my current computer for video editing, modeling and a variety of other things.

My current computer does play most games with at least 20 - 40 fps at high settings but I'd love to be able to play games such as arma 3 on high settings at a good frame rate with better looking graphics.

I current play at 1680x1050 and I do have multiple screens (HDMI, DVI).

My current parts are:
Motherboard: Asrock N68-VS3-UCC Geforce 7025 Socket AM3 Onboard VGA 5.1 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95w 1.5MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor (I am using the stock cooler that come with this).
RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory Module CL9(9-9-9-24) 1.5V Unbuffered Non-ECC (two sticks of 4GB).
PSU: Corsair 600W CX Builder Series 80 Plus Bronze PSU 3 Year Warranty.
Video Card: XFX HD 6870 900MHz 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Dual Mini DisplayPort HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card.
Monitor: HP w2207 monitor.
Storage: 1TB toshiba (x2).
Case: Needs upgrading.

After asking around on the internet I was able to come up with a list of parts that look promising, but I would love to have more opinions.

Here is the list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jamiesage123/saved/2Ss7

I also have this case on that list (but its not on pcpartpicker.com): Casecom C 13 case

Everyone's opinion / advise will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie.

TheIronDUke

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Okay just a couple of questions, will you be over clocking? If you are not a stock cooler is fine. I recommend putting that money towards an Asus m5a97 R 2.0 motherboard. Much better and is future compatible. Never get a cheap motherboard even if it seems to have all the same features. They cheaper out if it is that low. Rule for motherboards, if you have the money, get a motherboard over 50 dollars (75 is better).For the 280x I recommend the gigabyte model, much better cooling and it is a beast.Have fun building and don't forget to choose a right answer.

jamiesage123

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I don't really have any leeway on the prices so without removing or changing anything else I won't be able to change the motherboard (unless that motherboard i picked will bottleneck quickly / cause problems).

I was planning on overclocking but I could remove the fan and use the stock cooler and then I could afford the motherboard you suggested (and obviously, not overclock).

Jamie.