[SOLVED] Upgrading my current PC

mohamedkhaled21000

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
I had this PC for about 4 years now, so I am probably going to upgrade it soon, but I am not sure if an upgrade is enough or should I build a whole new one.

The current specs are:

MSI z97 gaming 5
GTX 970
i7 4790k
G.Skill 2x8 GB Ram DDR3 2133hz

I am thinking about replacing the 970 with an RTX 2070 Super, all I do is gaming would that be enough, or should I replace the CPU also or start building a new PC?

Solution
CPU is still pretty decent, but if you are upgrading to a 2070 Super might as well get a whole new system. You can probably salvage your current storage drives, case and, like WildCard mentioned, your PSU if it is of decent quality.

Have you considered waiting for the 3000 series? Although COVID 19 is driving up prices at the moment, so who knows how the future will look.
CPU is still pretty decent, but if you are upgrading to a 2070 Super might as well get a whole new system. You can probably salvage your current storage drives, case and, like WildCard mentioned, your PSU if it is of decent quality.

Have you considered waiting for the 3000 series? Although COVID 19 is driving up prices at the moment, so who knows how the future will look.

Solution