Question Upgrading my current rig,need help!

Nick_1711

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
So, about 8 years ago I built my current system, minus few upgrades on ram and SSDs

MOBO: Gigabyte z77x-d3h
CPU: i7 3770 (OC'd to 3.9ghz instead of 3.4)
GPU: GTX660
PSU: 750w
RAM: 16gb ddr3 (4 4gb sticks)
Storage wise I got a 500gb SSD for games, 2 120gb SSDs for my OS and some important software, and a 3TB HDD for everything else.(I don't need more, I'm doing fine on that department)

Its main use was for gaming and work and while I planned to upgrade stuff years ago, tons of real life stuff happened and long story short I couldn't spare much of my salary on it.
Also, completely changed profession so its main use now is for gaming and a tiny bit of streaming/recording(not bothered about that)
I got a few bucks to spare, 600 euros to be exact, maybe 20-30 more if needed.
I obviously wanna start with the GPU since it's noticeably old. I managed to find a rtx3070 in stock for 610euros, but I'm pretty sure it'll heavily bottleneck with my CPU, obviously please correct me if I'm wrong.
According to multiple BN calculators my CPU will BN everything in the RTX series 20xx or 30xx, same with the AMD cards of the 5xxx and 6xxx series.

My first question is, upgrading my CPU and mobo alongside my GPU is a must, right? Since it'll have 30-40+% bottleneck with pretty much any card.
Cause while I was planning to go all out on a big boy GPU, I do think I should balance my limited budget between the 3, since I'll be gaming on 1080p for at least the near future, and don't really care about VR or ray tracing, just wanna have good frames on max 1080p settings, and spend my money on a system that will last for a good bit .

Currently, I'm leaning towards the following

MOBO: MSI B450-A Pro Max | 80euros
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x |130euros
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB EVO V2 Advanced Edition |420euros OR MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Mech OC |380euros OR Sapphire VGA Radeon Pulse RX 5600 XT BE 6 GB | 280euros as a black friday deal

Literally any input and advice is appreciated and welcomed, I'd like to see your opinions on if I should slap a better card on my current system or replace the 3 parts I mentioned, or even if I'm going completely wrong about it. Thank you for your time in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY