Question Upgrading my gaming PC

Jan 18, 2021
hello guys
i want to upgrade my PC but i don't know what should i upgrade , and if i upgrade something will the PSU keep up ?

my budget for the upgrade : around 500$

i mainly use the pc for gaming but i want the pc to be capable of handling the designing software to acceptable point .

the components :

CPU: Intel Core i5-8500
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti
SSD: T-force 250GB 250GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: TEAMGROUP-UD4-2400 2x8GB
MBD: MSI B360M PRO-VDH (MS-7B24)
PSU: 550 watts

some friends told me to upgrade to 1tb ssd and i will do but it doesn't bother me too much for now .
i want your suggestions guys .

Jan 18, 2021
What games do u play?
If you play modern AAA titles,then upgrade the gpu.
If you play FPS and BR games upgrade your cpu.
Definitely get a ssd,it doesnt need to be a 1tb one,you can just buy a 240gb for windows.

i have a250gb ssd for windows and 1t hdd for storage .
and i don't know the PSU model , but when i arrive home i will tell you the exact model .

Reactions: Dj0gany
upgrading pc is very worthless if you don't understand the pc and work . during playing games in pc If you play modern AAA titles,then upgrade the gpu.If you play FPS and BR games upgrade your cpu.
And CPU upgrade almost always require motherboard and RAM upgrade. Because often old systems mentioned here have 6-10 yr old CPUs with DDR3 RAM. Where new CPUs are on different socket and use DDR4 RAM.

Back to original question about PC upgrade now. This is bad moment due to Covid induced computer and computer part buying craze and hype around new GPU and CPU models. Prices already leaped to 50% over prices 2 months ago (GPU prices are total mayhem). Wait at least till April.

hello guys
i want to upgrade my PC but i don't know what should i upgrade , and if i upgrade something will the PSU keep up ?

my budget for the upgrade : around 500$

i mainly use the pc for gaming but i want the pc to be capable of handling the designing software to acceptable point .

the components :

CPU: Intel Core i5-8500
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti
SSD: T-force 250GB 250GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: TEAMGROUP-UD4-2400 2x8GB
MBD: MSI B360M PRO-VDH (MS-7B24)
PSU: 550 watts

some friends told me to upgrade to 1tb ssd and i will do but it doesn't bother me too much for now .
i want your suggestions guys .

Larger SSD is good, rest of the components are fine unless you are going up to higher monitor resolution and/or refresh rate and you have issues with games. Both your CPU and video card are fine for games, you may want to list some specific reasons for the upgrade vs just "I want to upgrade" unless you just don't like holding on to money and want to spend it to get rid of it.