[SOLVED] Upgrading my Gaming Rig - Help

Sep 3, 2019
Hey need some advice here. Upgrading my current gaming rig from 2013 to something that will last. I want the motherboard to have built in wifi and Bluetooth. I’ve had bad luck with bluetooth adapters. Also looking to switch to Intel. Will my 850w PSU be good to keep? Or is 6 years pushing it?

Here’s what I picked out.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3DysbX

I already have a Evga GeForce 1070 ti FTW2

Budget is 1500 CAD but im already pushing 1700 with taxes which I’ll just bite the bullet on that. Note that I already have a 500gb SSD Samsung Evo for my OS, the M.2 is for my games only. Also have two 2TB WD HDDs.

Thanks.

Solution
You're spending a LOT for that 9900K which is for most purposes just useful for bragging rights. Might I suggest a 9700K if all you plan on doing is gaming. It is near the same performance for a lot less. The 9900K would be ideal for video editing or other tasks that can use a ton of threads, but for gaming the 9700K's 8 physical cores are more than enough.

Everything else looks fine. I don't think you are going to have a problem with your PSU if you haven't had a problem yet. I've got a couple PSUs that are older that still work just fine, and they aren't high end units or anything.
You're spending a LOT for that 9900K which is for most purposes just useful for bragging rights. Might I suggest a 9700K if all you plan on doing is gaming. It is near the same performance for a lot less. The 9900K would be ideal for video editing or other tasks that can use a ton of threads, but for gaming the 9700K's 8 physical cores are more than enough.

Everything else looks fine. I don't think you are going to have a problem with your PSU if you haven't had a problem yet. I've got a couple PSUs that are older that still work just fine, and they aren't high end units or anything.

Solution
Sep 3, 2019
Hmm Alright thanks, the 9700k upgrade is only 140 extra. So I still kinda wana get the 9700k, though I hear what you’re saying.

How many threads do the latest games use anyways?

Appreciate it

Battlefield V can take advantage of more than 8 cores, but I think that might be the only game at the moment that can. Most games only use up to 4 cores. People who get systems with 8 cores use those systems for streaming because the games they play only use 4 cores and they have an additional 4 cores for video encoding. So, with one or two exceptions you'll have at least half your cores unused by games.

Sep 3, 2019
Okay thanks. Also should I get 32gb Ram or is that too much? I like to have music, bunch of browser tabs opened (no more than 10), all while playing a game.