Upgrading My Gaming/Streaming PC

tneswick2

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
I have this PC that I built for Gaming/Streaming to Twitch 3 years going on 4 ago. Here's the build, with the only changes being me adding an Elgato HD60 Pro to the motherboard, and me recently adding an ACER 144hz 1440p monitor for gaming.

I added the monitor so that I could stream some PC games as I've just been streaming console games. This was met with fluctuating framerate on both Fortnite and PUBG on their lowest settings. I tried many different settings trying to get something consistent and it was all a no go. Just looking at my task manager during this, the CPU and GPU were both maxed out.

So I'd like to try and upgrade rather than build a new pc
I was thinking should I upgrade my CPU GPU and RAM? I was looking into it, and came to understand my motherboard wont support a top of the line CPU.

If any one can help give me some options for this situation please

I was thinking maybe an EVGA 1080ti and an Intel i7 8700 could solve this for me, maybe a little bit of ram too, but the motherboard problem is quite an issue.

I want to continue gaming in 1440p (downscaled in my streams of course), and I'd like to at the least be at 60fps on medium settings while I stream.

tneswick2

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018

Did as it said, didn't really change anything for me. Appreciate the help though :)