Upgrading my GTX 970. Should I pre order RTX?

Aug 22, 2018
Hello,

I currently have a 970 and i am starting to find it lacking - especially in VR. I am excited about the new RTX cards and was thinking of pre ordering a RTX2070 from either EVGA or MSI (The third party cards are going to be available very shortly my local pc shop informed me)

My current specs are;

Ryzen 2700x
16GB DDR4
GTX 970 EVGA

I do simracing in VR so iRacing, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 and when I play on screen I have a 2560x1080 ultrawide and i play F1 2017/18, Fortnite and will be playing Black Ops 4.

I just realised I am rambling here, so question is, do you think a 2070 pre-order is a good idea for me (at around £500 - £600) or should I look at a 1070Ti?

Jamie.

Solution
I'd order one if I had the money laying around.
Also the difference in cores is literally 800 between the RTX 1080 Ti and the GTX 1080 Ti. There isn't much more information out than that, but this suggests an extremely powerful boost in performance.

wait. We still don't have real world performance tests on RTX-es, it might be disappointing to preorder and get's weaker performance. wait a week, check out 2070 reviews and benches, compare them to 1070 ti.
as long as its meaningfull upgrade then go for it. we have no idea how RTX cards will support VR and if they won't crash most games.

I'd order one if I had the money laying around.
Also the difference in cores is literally 800 between the RTX 1080 Ti and the GTX 1080 Ti. There isn't much more information out than that, but this suggests an extremely powerful boost in performance.

Solution