[SOLVED] Upgrading my i7 6700k and building a new system around it.

Adam Hricik

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am looking to upgrade my i7 6700k for a CPU for one that will keep up with my RTX2080 Super. Looking for suggestions for a new CPU (Ryzen welcomed) and a motherboard to go with it.
Also looking to build a new system around my i7 and I am kinda stuck on what GPU would be the best to go with it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.

Solution
Hello everyone,
I am looking to upgrade my i7 6700k for a CPU for one that will keep up with my RTX2080 Super. Looking for suggestions for a new CPU (Ryzen welcomed) and a motherboard to go with it.
Also looking to build a new system around my i7 and I am kinda stuck on what GPU would be the best to go with it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
For the rtx 2080 Super
I'm just going to list the ram, motherboard and cpu instead of the whole package if that is alright. You can go with a ryzen 7 3700x. For the ram, you would need a high speed ram of 3200mhz above to get the performance out of your cpu. Corsair has pretty good ram reputation. Now for the motherboard, you can get the MSI B450...

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hello everyone,
For the rtx 2080 Super
I'm just going to list the ram, motherboard and cpu instead of the whole package if that is alright. You can go with a ryzen 7 3700x. For the ram, you would need a high speed ram of 3200mhz above to get the performance out of your cpu. Corsair has pretty good ram reputation. Now for the motherboard, you can get the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (cheaper) or ASUS TUF X570(expensive) or x570 MSI Tomahawk(expensive) or a b550 asrock steel legend. The b550 motherboard is more expensive than the b450 but cheaper than x570. That is for if you absolutely must upgrade now. If you're willing to wait, ryzen 4000 series cpus are coming and from what i heard, they're sounding pretty good.

For the i7 6700k
A rtx 2060 or gtx 1660ti for nvidia and rx5500xt 8gb or rx5600xt is a solid choice for amd. The rx5500xt 8gb is a good card for 200 dollars.

Reactions: Rdslw and Shektron
Solution