Question Upgrading my motherboard.

Kappa325366

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
Hi, im currently looking to slowly start upgrading my pc, i want to upgrade my motherboard since my current motherboard doesnt seem suitable for overclocking and i’d want to have atleast 2 m.2 slots and usb C ,and i dont know if i should get a b550 board or a x570, any advice?
Im planning to overclock too, i dont really know how much yet since im just starting to learn about it,

My current specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600X
Gigabyte b550 Gaming x
Gigabyte Eagle Rtx 3060-Ti
Kingston 8x2gb 3200mhz

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this:
i want to upgrade my motherboard since my current motherboard doesn't seem suitable for overclocking
Your board is perfectly capable of overclocking the ram and by which you're going to need a higher spec'd ram, like DDR4-3600Mhz since your platform can get there.

If you want to change the board for more storage options with M.2, then that's justifiable(to an extent).

Where are you located, what is your budget and what is your preferred site for purchase? Make and model of your PSU, make and model of your case? Can't you make do with a 2.5" SATA SSD as opposed to changing the motherboard so late into the Ryzen AM4 platform?

Kappa325366

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
i want to upgrade my motherboard since my current motherboard doesn't seem suitable for overclocking
Your board is perfectly capable of overclocking the ram and by which you're going to need a higher spec'd ram, like DDR4-3600Mhz since your platform can get there.

If you want to change the board for more storage options with M.2, then that's justifiable(to an extent).

Where are you located, what is your budget and what is your preferred site for purchase? Make and model of your PSU, make and model of your case? Can't you make do with a 2.5" SATA SSD as opposed to changing the motherboard so late into the Ryzen AM4 platform?
Yes im planning to get 3600mhz ram as well. my budget is around 170-220€ ,I am from estonia and you can look at a site www.hinnavaatlus.ee it compares different store's prices from my country and helps to find the cheapest store. My psu is a gigabyte p850gm, (yes i know about the failures and etc, but i checked and it should be already fixed in this psu, i can tell you the serial number of it.)

And yes, i have thought about it. But since ddr5 is so undeveloped right now i should stick with my current motherboard for another few years atleast right? Also, i would be able to resell my current motherboard.

Kappa325366

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021

P.s the site isn't available in english but it shouldn't be too difficult to understand , sorry about that. most stores in my country dont have english webpages