Upgrading my old PC, need to know if the new components are compatible and how hard it would be to install the new components.

DRS11

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
I want to upgrade my PC because the MotherBoard got broke and therefore I have to buy a CPU as well. I have never previously upgraded a whole PC. I have done some installments like- installing a Geforce 210 GPU, 2GB RAM and an additional HDD(60GB). My old PC information-http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-a6000-Desktop-PC-series/3436774/model/3542969/document/c01118842/
So I planned to upgrade some specific components and keep the rest. I am planning to upgrade the MoBo, CPU, PSU and HDD .I live in India, so I went to flipkart.com for the new components and checked their compatibilty . Here are the components I came up with -
CPU-AMD 3.4 GHz FM2 A4-5300 Processor
MoBo-Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 Motherboard
PSU-Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU
HDD-Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard
RAM-Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4 GB PC DRAM
So I want to know-
1) if the new components will be able to fit in the old PC Case(form factor-microATX) as their dimensions are different than the previous ones.
2) the difficulty to install the components as a novice or should I give this task to someone professional
3) are these components sufficient and compatible or should I make some changes

scwbrian

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
Building your own PC is almost like legos, everything usually goes into one end only so it's self explanatory. Watch tutorials on YouTube if you need any guidance but shouldn't take long at all.
Everything looks to be compatible but I would recommend a better parts list. A more bang for the buck as you will.
What case do you have?

DRS11

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015

I am making a low-budget PC so not going above $250.
I don't know which Case, it was pre-assembled PC from HP(HP Pavilion a6110in). But my old MoBo has "micro-ATX" form factor, why do you ask?