Jun 1, 2020
I currently have an old build that has a few issues when it comes to playing games such as loading games, long boot times, and sometimes just freezes. This is the old build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/srjDdm .

I am fairly new to building PC's and have done research (but not too in-depth) on what I need. I used pcpartpicker to make sure all of my components are compatible and so far so good. I recently noticed that it gives me "Compatibility Notes" at the bottom which you can see for yourself https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/WgfWTC . I am worried that something might go wrong but I am not too certain about it.

This PC will mainly be used for streaming, gaming, video editing, and internet browsing. Please let me know if there will be any issues with running this build.

Thank you.

Solution
It's because the X570 TUF has 8+4 pin EPS sockets (the PSU plug near your CPU), and the CS-M only has one 8 pin connector. You can plug in the 8 without the 4 and it will run fine 99.99% of the time.

I'm assuming you have the X62 already, and if it was purchased before AM4 CPUs were out, it might not have the mounting bracket required for AM4 CPUs. That'd mean you will need an extra bracket.

Lastly, that SSD is WAAY overpriced for what it is. Get this and save $50+ or, pay a bit more and get double the capacity.
It's because the X570 TUF has 8+4 pin EPS sockets (the PSU plug near your CPU), and the CS-M only has one 8 pin connector. You can plug in the 8 without the 4 and it will run fine 99.99% of the time.

I'm assuming you have the X62 already, and if it was purchased before AM4 CPUs were out, it might not have the mounting bracket required for AM4 CPUs. That'd mean you will need an extra bracket.

Lastly, that SSD is WAAY overpriced for what it is. Get this and save $50+ or, pay a bit more and get double the capacity.

Solution
Jun 1, 2020

I will look into getting that additional mounting bracket. Thank you for the recommendations and explanations!

Last edited:
I will look into getting that additional mounting bracket. As for the price, it is in Canadian currency so the 144.99 might look like a lot but it's about $10 more than the one you linked. Thank you for the recommendations and explanations!
You sure? It's CAD from newegg.ca

EDIT: Chances are you don't need an additional mounting bracket. You just have to confirm it yourself by checking the contents of the box (by asking the seller).

Last edited:

Latest posts