[SOLVED] Upgrading my PC, and building my kids first.

Apr 2, 2020
Hey, I am somewhat experienced with PC building I have upgraded mine to the point it has almost no original parts in it, but I am no means an expert. I just wanted to get opinions from more knowledgeable people before blowing over 1k in PC parts. So Right now my PC has a I7 7700k, 1080ti, 32gb of 2400mhz ram, 1tb ssd,3tb hdd, 600w psu, asus tuf mk2 mb. The plan as of now is to upgrade my 7700k to a 3700x, my 32gb of 2400 ram to 32gb of 3600, my motherboard to a asus tuf x570-plus, upgrading PSU to at least 700w, and build my kid their first gaming pc by putting those extra parts in one for them, I think I will go with the RX 580 8gb for the gpu, but I am not 100% sold into it yet.

I want to make sure the PC built for them will be decent enough to run most games at, at least medium settings for modern games? I did a PC part picker here for what my kids Pc would look like, and also what mine would. One thing I do not know much a bout is the right PSU to pick up for my mb/gpu, On pc part picker it lists a comparability issue because the mb requires a second 4 pin connector that a lot of psu's do not have when I was going through them, and I know my 1080ti requires a 6pin+8pin to power it. So I really have no idea what PSU to actually go with, any thoughts would be great in helping, thanks for taking the time guys.

Mine so far. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9NWPn

Kids https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rGJRHB

Solution
Hey yeah I already own all the ssd's hdd's listed above, so im not purchasing them, and im guess the 4000 series will be no more than a 10% upgrade and thats if they even come out on time and are available everywhere in the states because of covid, but my main question is what PSU should I get with the motherboard/3700x/1080ti listed above because what i have seen that motherboard requires an extra 4 pin for power and the 1080ti requires a 6+8pin im not sure what psus come with all of that?

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Corsair RMx (not 2019) and EVGA G3 (better quality than the newer G5) are all top notch PSU. 750W or better should easily handle your power needs. They should all include the connectors you need.
Apr 2, 2020
No need to buy SATA SSDs when NVMe ones are priced the same.

If it were me, I'd wait till Ryzen 4000 launch later this year.
Hey yeah I already own all the ssd's hdd's listed above, so im not purchasing them, and im guess the 4000 series will be no more than a 10% upgrade and thats if they even come out on time and are available everywhere in the states because of covid, but my main question is what PSU should I get with the motherboard/3700x/1080ti listed above because what i have seen that motherboard requires an extra 4 pin for power and the 1080ti requires a 6+8pin im not sure what psus come with all of that?

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Corsair RMx (not 2019) and EVGA G3 (better quality than the newer G5) are all top notch PSU. 750W or better should easily handle your power needs. They should all include the connectors you need.

Solution