[SOLVED] Upgrading my PC case, storage and display questions

Oct 19, 2021
Hey there people, hope you're having an awesome day!

Below are my PC specs.

PCPartPicker Part List
TypeItemPrice
CPUAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor$315.99 @ Amazon
CPU CoolerARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler$88.01 @ Amazon
MotherboardMSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard$94.99 @ Amazon
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory$198.70 @ Amazon
StorageKingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive$43.99 @ Amazon
StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive$39.99 @ Amazon
Video CardAsus GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card-
Power SupplySuper Flower Leadex III Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply$114.99 @ Newegg Sellers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total$896.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-19 11:13 EDT-0400

Q#1:
I'm going to upgrade my PC case from an S-3906 Renegade case to a Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB case. Since my MB does not have an ARBG header, will I be able to change my PC visuals using PC software (I was able to change my AMD Wraith Prism RBG in the past)?
I'm also interested if I am going to be able to run all of my PC fans (3 stock case fans, 1 fan in the back, and a 240mm AIO)

Q#2: I plan on installing an M.2 SSD, and I can't decide between a Kingston NV1 vs A2000 1TB even tho, I am not able to run Gen4.

Q#3: Since I am currently using a 1080p 144hz monitor, is there a possibility that I am having a resolution bottleneck (I play a wide variety of games)? I am not able to test it as I do not own a 1440p monitor nor does anyone else I know.

Thank you for your response and time dedicated!

Solution
You will need something like this, for your ARGB lighting.

https://www.newegg.com/deepcool-rgb-convertor-black/p/1W8-00JK-00030

You will need a fan hub, possibly, to run that many fans. I forget how many headers that board has. You might be able to get away with pwm splitters.

Those drives should be 3.0 drives at x4 speed. I would not recommend Kingston, though. I would go with Crucial or Samsung.

As far as bottlenecking is concerned, you need to look at CPU and GPU usage, while gaming. That will help determine where the bottleneck is. Monitor wouldn't cause a bottleneck.

logainofhades

Titan

You will need a fan hub, possibly, to run that many fans. I forget how many headers that board has. You might be able to get away with pwm splitters.

Those drives should be 3.0 drives at x4 speed. I would not recommend Kingston, though. I would go with Crucial or Samsung.

As far as bottlenecking is concerned, you need to look at CPU and GPU usage, while gaming. That will help determine where the bottleneck is. Monitor wouldn't cause a bottleneck.

Solution
Oct 19, 2021

Thank you for the response. Mobo manual says that there are:
  • 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
  • 1 x 4-pin water-pump-fan connector
  • 4 x 4-pin system fan connectors
However, my AIO only uses one header and the Lian Li case, from what I understood, will only use 1 header also. That converter indeed looks amazing, but where I am living, there is no such thing as Amazon/Newegg/etc.

Just to clarify on the bottleneck part, is it possible that my PC is not being utilized 100% due to the resolution? In some of the games, I've noticed that my GPU will be at 60% usage with 80ish fps, while the CPU is on 30% usage.

Thanks for your time

TRENDING THREADS