Upgrading my PC Components

Oct 29, 2018
Hello everybody i got a questions about my PC and what parts that i should upgrade to get the most out of my PC, i wanna keep the Graphics Card, but i'm down to change the rest of the parts, here is my Rig right now.

Graphic Card: Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1080 ti

Processor: Intel Core i5-7600k 3.8Ghz 6mb

Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING

RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Vengeance

Harddrive 1: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB

SSD Hardrive: Samsung EVO 850 500gb

CPU Fan: Corsair Pure ROCK

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

Thanks for any help
Kindest regards // LeNk0

Solution
Yeah, extra RAM wouldn't help at all in today's games. Most can even run fine on 8GB, and 16GB will likely be plenty for any games coming out within at least the next couple years, if not longer. Any unused RAM will just be sitting there, not really doing anything.

If you really were looking to upgrade, a processor with more cores and/or threads might help, as some games are beginning to benefit from having access to more than four threads. An i7-7700K has Hyperthreading to allow its four cores to perform better with up to 8 threads, along with about 10% higher clock rates at stock clocks, if you're not overclocking. Or, there's the 8000/9000-series processors that offer more cores, but you would need a new motherboard for one of...

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Eh.. why would you want to change anything? Looks good already. I mean, you can upgrade the RAM to 32 - 64 GB of RAM (if your board supports it) or go for a new RTX card. How about OC the crap out of that K processor? Better liquid cooling (if you don't have one already)? But honestly, you have a good rig! But if you have the budget, more points to you.

Oct 29, 2018
Cause my CPU works at a 100% all of the time, and that kinda bothers me, i Overclocked it to 5 Ghz yesterday and it went to 100 C after the first Benchmark, just ordered a New Liquid Cooler.
The reason i wrote here is cause i wanna know if there is something that maybe puts down my PCs performance in my Rig as it is right now exept the CPU fan :D

Oct 29, 2018
im not really that techy, i'm not really sure how to OC properly i guess, i just OC through the BIOS premade OC things.
But my monitor is a Acer 24" Predator XF240H 144Hz
and will the extra Ram increase my PC performance? :D

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

Extra RAM won't do much good at all. I'd just leave it alone, you have a great setup and there's not much you can do that will give a noteworthy performance boost.

Oct 29, 2018

okey, Thanks man, i guess i'll just go for the Liquid Cooler :D

Yeah, extra RAM wouldn't help at all in today's games. Most can even run fine on 8GB, and 16GB will likely be plenty for any games coming out within at least the next couple years, if not longer. Any unused RAM will just be sitting there, not really doing anything.

If you really were looking to upgrade, a processor with more cores and/or threads might help, as some games are beginning to benefit from having access to more than four threads. An i7-7700K has Hyperthreading to allow its four cores to perform better with up to 8 threads, along with about 10% higher clock rates at stock clocks, if you're not overclocking. Or, there's the 8000/9000-series processors that offer more cores, but you would need a new motherboard for one of those. In general, an i5-8600K will perform similar to an i7-7700K. I wouldn't expect much of a performance improvement from a processor upgrade, but it could smooth frame rates out a bit when the game is demanding a lot from the CPU. Your existing setup it still good though, particularly with an overclock, so I would probably not bother with a major platform upgrade at least until AMD and Intel launch their 7nm and 10nm CPUs within the next year or so.

Solution