[SOLVED] Upgrading my PC. Good OC parts within budget?

earnmoon

Prominent
Oct 4, 2018
So I AM upgrading my PC as IT got burned by electric shock. From Ryzen 3 1200, Psu Corsair vs350 and old A320mk motherboard + 4gb+4gb vengence Ram to a new build within the same case listed below...
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ygz6Dx

I AM little bit worried as I did some research on these parts and the PSU seems to be not a good idea. Will IT be able to OC and Play some games like Battlefield 5, NFS heat/Payback, Far Cry 5 or some newer games?

IT would be great to read some opinions and judgement on this specific build, eventually some other parts proposals.

Solution
Thanks for such a quick replys.
I need to give you some insight to the situation tho, as I already own the gtx 1050ti 4gb and the baracude 1tb from the last build (only parts that survived), Im not really planning changing them.
I can swap my OS licence to a new motherboard as well so money stays in the budget.
I've already made an order for:

Ryzen 1600 - around 110$
AsRock b450 hdv4 - 50$
G skills Ram - around 50$
Thermaltake litepower gen. 2. 650w - 50$

I can change that order however i dont want to go over 300$ limit.
Do you think its any good or should I change IT especially the PSU as I heard its a crap? I was thinking of Corsair 550w bronze PSU for a little $10 more but I dont know if its any better. Also the aerocool "600w...
I changed parts around on your list for better price/performance.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($96.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $684.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 12:53 EST-0500

The 2600 is cheaper than the 1600 and is faster. The 1050Ti at $270 is a ripoff. You can get a faster GPU and 1TB SSD for the same price. The Rosewill Photon is a good budget PSU, it is recommended by Anandtech for budget PSUs.

Last edited:
Reactions: earnmoon

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would mention that unless your build was an OEM you will likely be able to transfer your OS license across like an "upgrade"....perhaps not, but that could save you some $
Also, unless you have a MicroCenter nearby I would certainly rather suggest the build jeremyj just listed.

earnmoon

Prominent
Oct 4, 2018
I need to give you some insight to the situation tho, as I already own the gtx 1050ti 4gb and the baracude 1tb from the last build (only parts that survived), Im not really planning changing them.
I can swap my OS licence to a new motherboard as well so money stays in the budget.

Ryzen 1600 - around 110$
AsRock b450 hdv4 - 50$

Do you think its any good or should I change IT especially the PSU as I heard its a crap? I was thinking of Corsair 550w bronze PSU for a little $10 more but I dont know if its any better. Also the aerocool "600w plus 80 bronze Full Range" was an option for me with the same budget but I'm not an expert.

Should I change these in order to Play some games as I mentioned and be able to Overclock a little bit? I dont want to invest in crap I wont be completely happy with.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The reason I mention MicroCenter is that they have that 1600 on sale for $79. For the $10 difference you have, go with the 2600.
Thermaltake isn't the worst budget PSU you could buy. I have had great luck with Corsair PSU as well. I have purchased a few of the cheap EVGA brand, but would not recommend using one of those past 50% rated capacity. TBH, it's a good idea to invest in a good unit from the start, but can understand budgetary restrictions.

With all this said, how was your unit hit/struck by a shock? Are you making plans or taking precautions to avoid that happening again?

Reactions: earnmoon

earnmoon

Prominent
Oct 4, 2018
I can probably go up to 350-380$ max on these as I need to add a new cooler and I forgot about it but still not a great budget I guess. The micro center and shops like that are not an option as I'm from Poland and do most shopping through the websites in Europe.
Due to a series od thunderstorms back in the days my extensions cord that provided power to my PC got burned and lead to pc Burn and now i bought a 40$ safe extensions cord to prevent IT.
Lets say ill get that ryzen you guys mentioned should I go all the way for a better PSU ?

Ryzen 1600 - around 110$
AsRock b450 hdv4 - 50$

Do you think its any good or should I change IT especially the PSU as I heard its a crap? I was thinking of Corsair 550w bronze PSU for a little $10 more but I dont know if its any better. Also the aerocool "600w plus 80 bronze Full Range" was an option for me with the same budget but I'm not an expert.

Should I change these in order to Play some games as I mentioned and be able to Overclock a little bit? I dont want to invest in crap I wont be completely happy with.
The ThermalTake Litepower is their lowest end PSU and I would avoid it. The Corsair CX (2017) is a good budget PSU, as is the Seasonic S12III. I would use the Corsair instead as it is a more modern platform. For the CPU spend the extra $10 for the 2600 over the 1600. It would end up looking like this.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($96.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $406.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 14:50 EST-0500

Solution
I can probably go up to 350-380$ max on these as I need to add a new cooler and I forgot about it but still not a great budget I guess. The micro center and shops like that are not an option as I'm from Poland and do most shopping through the websites in Europe.
Due to a series od thunderstorms back in the days my extensions cord that provided power to my PC got burned and lead to pc Burn and now i bought a 40$ safe extensions cord to prevent IT.
Lets say ill get that ryzen you guys mentioned should I go all the way for a better PSU ?
What is your total budget in Euros or Złoty?

earnmoon

Prominent
Oct 4, 2018
I guess that Corsair you mentioned is worth the money.
Im just gonna go with the build you made up for me IT seems to be great value for money :) thumbs up the throphy goes for you

Last edited:
I guess that Corsair you mentioned is worth the money.
Im just gonna go with the build you made up for me IT seems to be great value for money :) thumbs up the throphy goes for you
Won't do much better for 325 Euro than this.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€139.90 @ Globaldata)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€55.99 @ Globaldata)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€72.90 @ Globaldata)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€56.90 @ Globaldata)
Total: €325.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-03 21:22 CET+0100