Discussion Upgrading my pc help

Apr 16, 2019
So i know i have all of this apart from the motherboard thats just what i think its called
i7-2600
gtx 750ti
and i think this is right HP Compaq 8200 Elite CMT PC or cpuz said http://prntscr.com/ncycn5
ddr3 8gb
i have around 230$ or £180 to spend on a upgrade what would help me the most to upgrade and could you maybe help me find something compatible
looking for something to improve fps in games like minecraft or battle royals

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
@ remixislandmusic
I'm anxious to see the fps specs when the card is actually tested. If the jump is as great from the 1050 Ti to the 1650 Ti as it was from the 750 Ti to the 1050 Ti, it ought to be a killer. Might even be worthwhile to give the 1650 Ti 6GB VRAM instead of 4GB..

Apr 16, 2019
Your weakest link right now is the GTX 750 Ti. If the PSU that you have can run the 750 Ti, it should be able to run a GTX 1050 Ti for about a 70+% graphics performance improvement. Are they still within your price range where you are (UK?)?
I can afford a 1050 ti i think could you link one so i know im not looking at the wrong thing also i bought my pc prebuilt and its my first time doing this so is there anything i would need to buy or lookout for when changing the graphics card

Your cpu is fine for games. There really isnt any major cpu upgrade that can be done without swapping motherboard and ram.
I would make sure you are using an ssd as a boot drive to speed up load times.
An upgrade to 16gb of ram will help some tasks and games, but it isnt needed.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Ok i bought the 1050ti so i assume next upgrade for me would be cpu or maybe 16gb ram ?
I pretty much agree with remixforislandmusic, the 17-2600 is still fine for most games, and enough to keep up with the GTX 1050 Ti w/o bottleneck. Tom's hardware's CPU hierarchy chart still has it in the 2nd tier.

8gb RAM is still doable for most games if you purely game. If you're the type that likes to run apps in the background while you game, you'll want to upgrade that next.

Reactions: bencos2018