Jul 2, 2013
my current pc:
fx-6300
xfx 7870 @1100mhz
asus m5a78L-m/usb3
i got a 600w 80bronze power supply
im just wondering what to upgrade next, im thinking mobo and gpu

Solution
For gaming if you want better performance the GPU is where you need an upgrade...the FX-6300 is enough for modern games and it will continue to do even better in the future when the games will get more and more multi-threaded and optimised to run on multicore CPU's...defenetly go for the best GPU you can afford and hold on to that CPU to see how it performs in the future...this CPU won't bottleneck any high-end cards except for CPU intensive single-threaded games like elder scroll or planetside 2 for example...if you're a big fan of these than an intel i5 will provide better performance in such games but in the long run i think it's better that you stick with your current configuration.
G

If you are dead set on upgrading, don't go for a mobo + gpu combo bit instead go for a mobo + cpu OR just a gpu.

paitjsu sadff

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
For gaming if you want better performance the GPU is where you need an upgrade...the FX-6300 is enough for modern games and it will continue to do even better in the future when the games will get more and more multi-threaded and optimised to run on multicore CPU's...defenetly go for the best GPU you can afford and hold on to that CPU to see how it performs in the future...this CPU won't bottleneck any high-end cards except for CPU intensive single-threaded games like elder scroll or planetside 2 for example...if you're a big fan of these than an intel i5 will provide better performance in such games but in the long run i think it's better that you stick with your current configuration.

Solution