Gigabyte GTX-1050ti
Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A
EVGA 500 B1, 80+ BRONZE
Kingston HyperX FURY Black 8GB

I want to upgrade my computer to these parts:

Intel I7-8700k
MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS
EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

with just those 3 i have gone a little over my budget, so i was wondering would I be good with just
a 500w power supply for now.

Or should I save some more a get a better one.

If so how much bigger.

Solution

You defiantly want to get a better quality PSU than that, the one you have is NOT GOOD, no way would I hook a GTX 1070 TI to it.

Recommendations are here, I would go with a 650W.

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

You defiantly want to get a better quality PSU than that, the one you have is NOT GOOD, no way would I hook a GTX 1070 TI to it.

Recommendations are here, I would go with a 650W.

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

Solution
Also don't forget to check that your current memory is on the QVL (qualified vendor's list) of that Z370. You can find that info under their support page for that model motherboard. But if you want to upgrade to 16GB, buying a second pair of 4GB is generally not recommended. It may work, and it may not, if not sold in a 4x kit form where the memory makers test them for operational stability and pack in one package.

Long story short: on non-X-series Intel motherboards, running 4 DIMM memory modules puts way more stress on the Z or H-series memory controller and increases chances of errors and crashes even if you aren't overclocking. If you want to maximize system stability, go with a pair of memory modules only on those motherboards.

Also FYI the long-running and popular high quality EVGA G2 is discontinued and the G3 replaced it.

dale.m.thomason

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

what if I just replaced the CPU, would i have to replace the power supply and/or motherboard. Or would i be good with both

parani

Honorable
Jun 15, 2015
If your setup is for 60hz gaming, I suggest you to go with i5 8400 or ryzen 2600 . Those can handle 60hz gaming pretty well . Or if you have 144hz monitor and you do CPU intensive tasks and productivity , the 8700non k or ryzen 2700 are pretty good choice . And for Psu , any 80+ bronze rated 620/650 is fine