[SOLVED] Upgrading my PC

xionaide

Reputable
May 2, 2015
Hello,
A few years ago I built this gaming computer, and it has worked almost perfectly until recently. Its power supply got fried and I had to change it and since then I have been looking into upgrading more of it.

Currently, the computer is running on:

Therefore, I was considering adding some RAM, but in doing so I was considering DDR4 RAM sticks which would mean I would need a new motherboard. With this in mind, I don't know if it makes sense to "modify" this build instead of just building a new computer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Neither your motherboard nor your cpu support ddr4 memory, but you really would be better off with a 2 x 8 GB kit....you might also consider a used I7-4790k: 4 cores, 8 threads total, 4 GHz...(mine runs at 4.8GHz overclocked!)...that gives you the most you can get with out basically building a new system.

Larry

Imacflier

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
Neither your motherboard nor your cpu support ddr4 memory, but you really would be better off with a 2 x 8 GB kit....you might also consider a used I7-4790k: 4 cores, 8 threads total, 4 GHz...(mine runs at 4.8GHz overclocked!)...that gives you the most you can get with out basically building a new system.

Larry

Solution

TRENDING THREADS