[SOLVED] Upgrading my PC

vtmB10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
Hi, i would like to upgrade my pc but i don't know which computer parts are compatible with eachother so i'd like some help, my current parts are:
CPU : i5 4460
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 560
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97-HD3
Ram: hyperx fury 8gb ram ddr3
A new CPU and GPU would work, could you give me your recommandations?My budget is around 420-450 euros, thanks a lot!

Solution
is an amd rx 580 + another 24 ram to make it 32 ok ? i dont want to play games on ultra quality, if i can run cod warzone on medium without stuttering or so id be more than satisfied
Your RAM is bottlenecking your CPU. Even an upgrade to a 2x8 would double the memory bandwidth. You don't need 32. As for the GPU it depends on what game and at what resolution you play. A 1660 Super, RX 590 class GPU are going to be fine for most cases.

I recommend getting an identical RAM with the one you have, if you can't get a brand new 2 memories that are identical.
if you get a new cpu, you will need a new board and new memory.
it would also not get you much performance. around 10% more or so.
but it would unlock much more room for future upgrades and stuff.

getting a new gpu on the other hand would, give you as much performance as that card would.
but you probably wouldn't be able to go further with that pc.
If you plan on upgrading more in the near future, a cpu (mobo and ram too) would be better.

If you just want to get more performance for your pc now, which is probably what i would do,
get an rtx 2070 super (450 euros/500 dollars on the spot)
and if you can afford another stick of 8gb ram, do that.

vtmB10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
if you get a new cpu, you will need a new board and new memory.
it would also not get you much performance. around 10% more or so.
but it would unlock much more room for future upgrades and stuff.

getting a new gpu on the other hand would, give you as much performance as that card would.
but you probably wouldn't be able to go further with that pc.
If you plan on upgrading more in the near future, a cpu (mobo and ram too) would be better.

If you just want to get more performance for your pc now, which is probably what i would do,
get an rtx 2070 super (450 euros/500 dollars on the spot)
and if you can afford another stick of 8gb ram, do that.
is an amd rx 580 + another 24 ram to make it 32 ok ? i dont want to play games on ultra quality, if i can run cod warzone on medium without stuttering or so id be more than satisfied

Your RAM is bottlenecking your CPU. Even an upgrade to a 2x8 would double the memory bandwidth. You don't need 32. As for the GPU it depends on what game and at what resolution you play. A 1660 Super, RX 590 class GPU are going to be fine for most cases.

I recommend getting an identical RAM with the one you have, if you can't get a brand new 2 memories that are identical.

Reactions: siaan312
Solution