• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Upgrading my PC

_tomrace

Reputable
Oct 17, 2015
Hello,

I purchases components for a computer around the time of 2017. I've been using the computer ever since and haven't had many problems with it thus far, the only notable issue is that things take longer to load (e.g. browsers, programs, etc.) than I would ideally like.

With the new consoles coming out shortly and, following that, an upgrade in gaming graphics, I was wondering if now would be a good time to make a couple of upgrades, however I am not sure what is worth upgrading first.

My Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: MSI-7917
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
CPU (Processor): Intel(R) Core (™) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 16gb
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Please could someone let me know what is worth upgrading, most importantly to do with the issue I mentioned above. If there's other information you want to know such as Power Supply, Monitor, etc. let me know and I can find those.

Thank you to whoever takes the time to respond!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS