Question Upgrading my pc

Mar 28, 2021
Hello, I've been thinking about getting an upgrade on my pc. A GPU one, but I'm wondering if there's gonna be a bottleneck and if there is, is there going to be some critical one?
This is my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
MBD: Asrock B250m Pro4
PSU: 600 Watts

I'm thinking about getting an RX 570, 580 or 590. I know this is quite a big list, but I don't mind getting any of them, just need to know if there's a problem.

EDIT: Not going to do the upgrade right now, just need to know what I've got to prepare myself for if I'm good to go for an upgrade.

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Hello, I've been thinking about getting an upgrade on my pc. A GPU one, but I'm wondering if there's gonna be a bottleneck and if there is, is there going to be some critical one?
This is my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
MBD: Asrock B250m Pro4
PSU: 600 Watts

I'm thinking about getting an RX 570, 580 or 590. I know this is quite a big list, but I don't mind getting any of them, just need to know if there's a problem.

At this time, unless you have some kind of "in" for those RX cards, you will pay more for them now than when they were released.

Super good time to consider CPU/mobo/RAM/storage. TERRIBLE time to do GPU of any sort.

Reactions: Why_Me
Mar 28, 2021
At this time, unless you have some kind of "in" for those RX cards, you will pay more for them now than when they were released.

Super good time to consider CPU/mobo/RAM/storage. TERRIBLE time to do GPU of any sort.
Well... what about I upgrade it later on? I just need to know what kind of deal I need to prepare myself for.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Well... what about I upgrade it later on? I just need to know what kind of deal I need to prepare myself for.

If you have no plans to replace the core aspect of this system I probably would not consider something more than the 1660ti level of card. If you were to be upgrading the GPU first and then the CPU (etc) later I would probably shoot for something within the 3xxx range based on your expected performance desire.
According to what monitor you are on, it may not matter anyway.

Reactions: Why_Me
Mar 28, 2021
If you have no plans to replace the core aspect of this system I probably would not consider something more than the 1660ti level of card. If you were to be upgrading the GPU first and then the CPU (etc) later I would probably shoot for something within the 3xxx range based on your expected performance desire.
According to what monitor you are on, it may not matter anyway.
So, not upgrading my CPU, could I do well with an RX 580 or 590?

TRENDING THREADS