Upgrading my pre-built PC to a new case for a better graphics card

Dec 11, 2018
Hello all,
I have the Acer T3-710 Desktop PC with 16GB ram and have recently purchased a 1070 from a friend for cheap.
I know that this graphics card won't fit in my case as my current 1050 TI is pretty snug.
I am unsure as to what case I can upgrade to with my motherboard or whether I need to upgrade my motherboard to be able to run such a card.
This is all of the information I could find about my motherboard.
Model: Aspire T3-710
Chipset: Intel Skylake
Southbridge: Intel Skylake PCH
LPCIO: ITE IT8613
For example, I am confused about whether to purchase an ATX or mini-ATX case or whether this standard motherboard would limit a 1070.
Apologies if anything I have said doesn't make much sense, I have never built a PC before.

Solution
Your motherboard is a micro ATX but will fit in any standard ATX case, so mid tower...Get a mid tower as it will be much easier to transfer everything over and build in the new case. There are also some very cost effective options on Mid Tower cases.

Also be aware that you will need a good power supply and I am unsure as to what the power rating is of your current PSU..Something along the lines of a good 550w PSU will do and get a 80+ minimum rating though spending a bit more on a Power Supply is always a good thing...

No issues on upgrading the motherboard...It's not the best but as it is a Skylake system will more than handle the GTX 1070....
Your motherboard is a micro ATX but will fit in any standard ATX case, so mid tower...Get a mid tower as it will be much easier to transfer everything over and build in the new case. There are also some very cost effective options on Mid Tower cases.

Also be aware that you will need a good power supply and I am unsure as to what the power rating is of your current PSU..Something along the lines of a good 550w PSU will do and get a 80+ minimum rating though spending a bit more on a Power Supply is always a good thing...

No issues on upgrading the motherboard...It's not the best but as it is a Skylake system will more than handle the GTX 1070....

Solution