[SOLVED] Upgrading my prebuilt Lenovo PC

Jul 18, 2020
Hello dear IT friends. I think about upgrading my lenovo ideacentre 300-20ish (I believe it's h50-50 in some countries) , my version is with i5 6400, 8gb ram and 750 Ti.
The problem is that I wanted to start with PSU tomorrow and order GPU after few days (rx570/580/1650 super) but I heard one thing.
I read on internet that prebuilt Lenovo PC's have BIOS whitelist so I can't change any hardware. They said that my pc won't see the not OEM GPU.
Is this true? Do I really can't upgrade my pc on stock motherboard?
Also this 750 Ti is meant to go to cousins ideacentre 510 (mini itx), will it work right there? (Yes, he has new psu.)
Thanks for answers, sorry for my really really bad English.

Solution
Lenovo does lock certain compatibilities in bios, but I know it's mainly with wifi cards on their laptops. I don't think you should have an issue if everything plugs up. Proprietary parts and things not plugging up are usually what prevents parts from working.
Lenovo does lock certain compatibilities in bios, but I know it's mainly with wifi cards on their laptops. I don't think you should have an issue if everything plugs up. Proprietary parts and things not plugging up are usually what prevents parts from working.

Solution
Jul 18, 2020
Okay thanks!!!
I'm gonna swap my PSU, put some better graphics card and sell my 750 Ti to cousin's Ideacentre 510 ITX. Great that you responded, thanks. Is there any way that I can close commenting on the thread? ;)