Upgrading my xps 400 graphic card

G

Hi there! I have an xps 400 with the standard Dell 375 psu. I have a x600 currently. I am looking for an upgrade that is HD and can increase my framerate in wow. I have read a LOT of posts in these forums, with everyone saying what they are running, but no one says if it is running WELL with their config. I have 4gb Ram, and am getting a 24inch hd monitor. Any help would be appreciated, I am pretty new at this.
Thanks!

G

Ok so I'm assuming that the afformentioned psu will work with my xps 400 and fit. So then, any good recommendations on a card since I will have the 500 watt psu? My top budget right now is about $150-$200. Thanks again!

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Judging by your $150-200 price range (assuming you do mail-in rebates):

If you want NVidia, this card is $159.99 after mail-in rebate and instant $10 off with the provided promo code (ending on the 12th). It'll most likely max WoW out with ease.

If you want ATi, this card is $169.99 after mail-in rebate. It is noticibly more powerful generally (on par with GTX275/sometimes GTX285). If you don't play anything but WoW, I am not sure, but I would guess it's better as well. No one really puts out benchmarks for it so I can't say for sure.

Just as a side note, it took about 2 weeks for my rebate to be processed, and it is quoting another 2-4 for it to ship out to me. Regardless, they're worth it and it's not a scam. So take advantage of them. :)

G

OK, just had a long chat with a Dell rep, thay are claiming that the 400 xps system is meant to run with lower wattage, so if i put a 500 psu in, it will damage the components.....any truth to this, or are they giving me the run around hoping i will purchase another computer?

TRENDING THREADS