Upgrading need a bit of help

Mr dodge

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
Hey all so Im upgrading my pc this month, going from amd to Intel, and I'm getting an ASUS Z170P Mobo with an i5 6600k (found a bundle for £280) what I want to know is how well will this mobo and Cpu work together? Also I don't want to have to reinstall all my games and mods again but don't mind doing a fresh install of windows, how would I go about that? Any help much appreciated thanks in advance! :)

Solution
You can select settings-->Downloads/Cloud-->Steam Library folders. There should be an option to add a folder, where you can add a folder that already has games installed.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

You can also create a logic link after installing steam. mklink -j C:\Steam\steamapps\ D:\Steam\steamapps\

Note on these you should verfy game file integraty. Also make sure your games .acf files are in the steamsapp folder.
Looks like your saving about 4 pounds off the best I can find. It should work fine and you need a heat sink. If its steam games just install steam and link to the old folder.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£199.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£34.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus - Z170-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£83.98 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £318.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-09 20:04 BST+0100

You can select settings-->Downloads/Cloud-->Steam Library folders. There should be an option to add a folder, where you can add a folder that already has games installed.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

You can also create a logic link after installing steam. mklink -j C:\Steam\steamapps\ D:\Steam\steamapps\

Note on these you should verfy game file integraty. Also make sure your games .acf files are in the steamsapp folder.

Solution