[SOLVED] Upgrading new processor. I3 8100 vs I5 8400.

H4rd worker

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

So right now my pc is built with a Core 2
quad q9400+nvidia geforce 9800 gt. 4gb ram. The idea is to get one of the processors in the title. I'm getting 2x4Gb ram plus B360 mobo.

Now the questions.

One of the main reasons I want to upgrade my processor is that I want to run virtual machines, maybe 2 at the same time with no problem, my budget is limited, where I live the difference between both is something like 80€. Is it worth the price? Will the I3 be enough?

According to the benchmarks, the UHD 630 integrated in the processors is better than my current gpu. I do some light gaming, lol/hearthstones. Will i have problems if I go with the integrated and do not get a dedicated gpu?

Solution
honestly i would say go with an amd ryzen cpu build and just use the 98gt for gfx just now.
the uhd 630 igp is poor at best and wont effectively play anything new @1080p and even struggles at 720p.

intel are relatively expensive compared to amd so you will get more bang for your buck going amd.
honestly i would say go with an amd ryzen cpu build and just use the 98gt for gfx just now.
the uhd 630 igp is poor at best and wont effectively play anything new @1080p and even struggles at 720p.

intel are relatively expensive compared to amd so you will get more bang for your buck going amd.

Solution

H4rd worker

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019

Yes, I do not expect the uhd 630 to run heavy games but as I said I am not going for the gaming, only some lol/hs that are not high demanding.

I want to run virtual machines maybe at least 2. Will the amd ryzen do the work for a cheaper price?