[SOLVED] Upgrading old Hard Drive to SSD Hard Drive with FRESH Windows 10 Pro Install

1arko23

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
My laptop is HP Elitebook G1 with Win 7 installed on it.

I purchased a new SSD Drive to upgrade the drive and install fresh Windows 10.

My Windows 10 is in ISO Format and I would like to put it onto a Bootable USB Drive.

How should I go about doing this?

I wanted to swap out the hard drives and make a Bootable USB with the ISO WINDOWS 10 Installation USB.

My concern is if the USB driver will stay on the laptop to recognize the USB Drive and load fresh Windows 10.

Another option I wanted to do is migrate the whole windows 7 to the new SSD Drive and than install fresh Win 10, deleting the Win 7 in the process. This will take more time.

Any help is appreciated.

In short I want to delete Windows 7,
Swap out the old hard drive with SSD Hard Drive
and Install Fresh Windows 10 from Preactivated Windows 10 Professional ISO File.
Since my laptop has no DVD Drive, I will have to use a USB 32GB Stick to Install the Windows 10.

Sorry if its confusing :)

Thank you

USAFRet

Titan
My laptop is HP Elitebook G1 with Win 7 installed on it.

I purchased a new SSD Drive to upgrade the drive and install fresh Windows 10.

My Windows 10 is in ISO Format and I would like to put it onto a Bootable USB Drive.

How should I go about doing this?

I wanted to swap out the hard drives and make a Bootable USB with the ISO WINDOWS 10 Installation USB.

My concern is if the USB driver will stay on the laptop to recognize the USB Drive and load fresh Windows 10.

Another option I wanted to do is migrate the whole windows 7 to the new SSD Drive and than install fresh Win 10, deleting the Win 7 in the process. This will take more time.

Any help is appreciated.

In short I want to delete Windows 7,
Swap out the old hard drive with SSD Hard Drive
and Install Fresh Windows 10 from Preactivated Windows 10 Professional ISO File.
Since my laptop has no DVD Drive, I will have to use a USB 32GB Stick to Install the Windows 10.

Sorry if its confusing :)

Thank you
"Preactivated" ISO file?

The license key is entered during the install process.

Where did this come from?