Question Upgrading old system

oldsalt66

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hello all,
I am upgrading my old system and need some advice. I am not a gamer, this is for my office PC. Main usage is using spread sheets and MS Word, and the occasional Power Point Presentation. The current MOBO is a Gigabyte; GA-MA785GM-US2H, current Processor is 2.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core, 4 sticks of memory (8190 Megabytes usable installed memory in 4 slots). HDD is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 (current status-Healthy). Running Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.829). Happy with existing case as I have added new cooling fans over the last . couple of years. Not sure what seems to be bogging it down. I feel that it is time to upgrade the system; has really slow boot. Suggestions on New Hardware?

Thank you in advance. Cheers and beers;):beercheers:

Hello all,
I am upgrading my old system and need some advice. I am not a gamer, this is for my office PC. Main usage is using spread sheets and MS Word, and the occasional Power Point Presentation. The current MOBO is a Gigabyte; GA-MA785GM-US2H, current Processor is 2.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core, 4 sticks of memory (8190 Megabytes usable installed memory in 4 slots). HDD is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 (current status-Healthy). Running Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.829). Happy with existing case as I have added new cooling fans over the last . couple of years. Not sure what seems to be bogging it down. I feel that it is time to upgrade the system; has really slow boot. Suggestions on New Hardware?

Thank you in advance. Cheers and beers;):beercheers:
There's nothing you could do to make that system better, you need to build a newer one.

TRENDING THREADS