Upgrading p/s and m/b

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I have an AT case that will accept an ATX board. Installed known good ATX GigaByte board and known good ATX p/s. Reinstalled all other stuff; plugged in; threw the switch at the back of the p/s......and nothing happened! What did I miss? Also, is there a way to configure the old on/off button to work on this setup?

FatBurger

Illustrious
You probably didn't push the ATX power connector (connects to the motherboard) in all the way. Happened to me when I set up my P4 system a while back.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can take apart the old on/off button and remove the latch wire to make it a momentary switch, then run a pigtail to your motherboard. In the meantime, you can turn your system on with a screwdriver, or use the reset button as a power switch.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

KermNelson

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2002
Hi Folks,

I hope Crashman's advice worked I can not think of anything else.

Maybe I'm hijacking the thread but I just got my ASUS A7V333 running with a very reputable Power Supply and ASUS's Probe software shows it's 12 volt power always running about 12.8/12.9 with spikes up to about 13.4. Is this normal? OK? (The problem with new 'Probe' information is I don't know what is normal for a PC power supply!)

Anyway what are the "normal" running conditions. And tolerable limits???

thanks,

Kerm

Take care :tongue:

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
No, I did not install an ATX switch. As to the first reply, I did make sure the PSU connector was securely in its socket. I am still in trouble with this, and am waiting for more responses. Thank you all for your expertise.