[SOLVED] Upgrading Parts for AMD gaming PC (Advise me)

Apr 26, 2020
Current gaming setup that i am looking to upgrade: (Question would be what would be the best to upgrade, and what recommendations do you have)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MB - Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming --- I have updated bios to the latest driver successfully which supports ryzen 3000's
GPU - AMD RX 580 8gb
RAM - 16gb Vengeance ddr4 3000mhz but i think it only went to 2933
SSD is fine
PSU is fine
Monitor is 144hz

What i have researched and plan to upgrade with most increase in performance in gaming :

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
(Still looking for the right CPU fan, maybe a suggestion on that too)
GPU - ASUS ROG Strix AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT OC Edition

Solution
Current gaming setup that i am looking to upgrade: (Question would be what would be the best to upgrade, and what recommendations do you have)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MB - Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming --- I have updated bios to the latest driver successfully which supports ryzen 3000's
GPU - AMD RX 580 8gb
SSD is fine
PSU is fine
Monitor is 144hz

What i have researched and plan to upgrade with most increase in performance in gaming :

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Upgrade for what? What is not running well? You should be able to just...

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU - AMD RX 580 8gb
SSD is fine
PSU is fine
Monitor is 144hz

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Upgrade for what? What is not running well? You should be able to just upgrade your video card and nothing else. EDIT.. noticed you have a 144hz monitor, if you want to get all your games to that FPS level then a newer video card should do it for you, no need to swap CPUs. Take the money you were going to spend on that and go from the 5600 to a 5700, or just get the 5600 and pocket the savings. Stock AMD fan should be perfectly fine to use unless you are looking for something fancier looking with lights.

Last edited:
Solution