[SOLVED] Upgrading parts, need your advice!!

Mar 30, 2019
Hi all. My gpu recently fried and been having issues in general with hardware just getting old. I'm looking to buy a GPU, CPU, and a motherboard for mid tier gaming, I guess. Don't need to run newest games on ultra but needs to have capability to at least play most games.

These are the parts I'm considering, everything left out I already have:
Radeon rx 570
Amd ryzen 5 2600
Asrock b450 pro4 atx am4

Please tell me if these parts work well together and if there's better options for better price. These are cheapest I could find on pcpartpicker but I'm not very tech savvy and would love a second opinion.

Thanks for your time!

Solution
If you're budget won't stretch to 16GB of RAM then 8 will be fine for now, you can always come back to it later, just make sure it is 3000Mhz or faster and get dual channel. The 2600 is a really good value CPU that should handle anything you throw at it. I wouldn't increase the RAM at the expense of the GPU, the RX570 is a solid mid range GPU and probably offers the best bang for your buck.
Mar 27, 2019
How much RAM do you have? I know a bunch of people who recently bought a RX570, but that's because it came with two games. Make sure you're getting the same deal!!! I think it's AMD who's offering it. If you're not let me know and I can send you a link.

One last thing, are you planning to overclock your PC eventually?

Mar 30, 2019
Yeah, the rx 570 I haven chosen comes with the 2 games.

I was planning on going to a local shop to get 8gb of the cheapest ram that's comptible and no, I doubt I'd ever overclock. Just want a pc that will run stable for a few years, doesn't need options for upgrading but some wiggle room would be nice.

Mar 27, 2019
Yeah, the rx 570 I haven chosen comes with the 2 games.

I was planning on going to a local shop to get 8gb of the cheapest ram that's comptible and no, I doubt I'd ever overclock. Just want a pc that will run stable for a few years, doesn't need options for upgrading but some wiggle room would be nice.

What's your budget? Are you looking for fancy RGB? I would suggest getting at least 16GB for now and making your build future proof for at least two - three years.

Mar 30, 2019
Budget is 500 CAD, I have a case and psu that I recently bought and if recommended will get 16gb instead of 8gb.

Are the 3 parts I put together a good starting place for future proofing?

Mar 27, 2019
Get these instead of you selection:
ASUS Radeon RX 580 4GIG
ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming
AMD AM4 Ryzen 1700x 8 cores 16 threads 3.2

That goes way over her $500 budget... LOL

I would go with the AORUS Pro if your budget allows you, since I just did a build myself, I have a feeling that will just be a tad over your budget, but will be worth it.

Also, if you don't need all the cores, you don't do any type of design work / work which you requires heavy core work, you don't need the 1700X...The 2600 is fine if you're looking for gaming / productivity.

Last edited:

Captaingadget

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
If you're budget won't stretch to 16GB of RAM then 8 will be fine for now, you can always come back to it later, just make sure it is 3000Mhz or faster and get dual channel. The 2600 is a really good value CPU that should handle anything you throw at it. I wouldn't increase the RAM at the expense of the GPU, the RX570 is a solid mid range GPU and probably offers the best bang for your buck.

Solution
Mar 30, 2019
Same here that's why I'm buying so many parts at once. I'm set on the ryzen 5 2600 and Radeon rx 570, which of the recommended boards is best? I can prob swing $600 total if I eat noodles and rice for a month lol