Ghost47Killer

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
I have a discrete GPU, and I'm planning to upgrade
Current Specs:
i7 4790k
16GB DDR3 Crucial
Asus Sabertooth z87

I was checking to change the core of my PC, CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. Plenty of Room on my PSU 1000w, and I can't afford a new GPU (scalpers) currently with a GTX 1070
Looking for something a little future-proof, I believe my current pc has been a great choice in that regard. Looking for something that will last me a couple years.

I was checking the Ryzen 7 5700G due to its 8 core count, but reviews say it doesn't match up really well with dGPU, and they recommend 5 5600x, which has 6 cores. With age, I have decreased my play-time and redirected to a multi-purpose aim. Sometimes I'm playing, watching a video, converting media, setting up a game server, having android emulators open simultaneously. That's why I'm more inclined to a higher CPU Core count.
Also hard to determine if the price of chipset X570 is worth it compared to B550. A more extended warranty it's always welcomed, followed by a good RMA service.
Going for the best bang for the buck, so budget it's open; meanwhile, the product it's worth it. Right now, my shopping cart has the following:
Ryzen 5 5600x
G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
MSI B550 MPG Gaming Plus
WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe
All of these from Microcenter, the Combo bonus are nice, and they have the items in stock.

Last edited:
Solution
Any input on 5700G or 5600X?
5700g iGPU will be handy in GPU debugging. But it comes at a slight performance cost. Lets say your 1070 breaks and you dont have any other card until you get a new one. In those times you can boot the PC with the 5700g, but not the 5600x. Or if you face graphics issues you can diagnose the problem better if you have a iGPU. It is one of the reasons why Intel non F chips sells more than F chips. But the performance sacrifice on Intel is not as much because the iGPU in them is pretty basic like a display adapter. There are people who are for it and vice versa.
I would say on Ryzen the performance cost is not worth it. I would rather go with a 5600x/5800x rather than a 5600g/5700g. Its inconvenient at...
Looks good. Should serve your purpose well. X570 has more bells and whistles like some additional features and PCIe lanes if you have a lot of peripherals to connect, but performance wise they are pretty much similar. Microcenter combos are great deals so thats useful.

Should be fine overall.

I have a discrete GPU, and I'm planning to upgrade
Current Specs:
i7 4790k
16GB DDR3 Crucial
Asus Sabertooth z87

I was checking to change the core of my PC, CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. Plenty of Room on my PSU 1000w, and I can't afford a new GPU (scalpers) currently with a GTX 1070
Looking for something a little future-proof, I believe my current pc has been a great choice in that regard. Looking for something that will last me a couple years.

I was checking the Ryzen 7 5700G due to its 8 core count, but reviews say it doesn't match up really well with dGPU, and they recommend 5 5600x, which has 6 cores. With age, I have decreased my play-time and redirected to a multi-purpose aim. Sometimes I'm playing, watching a video, converting media, setting up a game server, having android emulators open simultaneously. That's why I'm more inclined to a higher CPU Core count.
Also hard to determine if the price of chipset X570 is worth it compared to B550. A more extended warranty it's always welcomed, followed by a good RMA service.
Going for the best bang for the buck, so budget it's open; meanwhile, the product it's worth it. Right now, my shopping cart has the following:
Ryzen 5 5600x
G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
MSI B550 MPG Gaming Plus
WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe
All of these from Microcenter, the Combo bonus are nice, and they have the items in stock.
Ram...If the merchant offers 3600@cl16 might be worth a few extra bucks.

Any input on 5700G or 5600X?
5700g iGPU will be handy in GPU debugging. But it comes at a slight performance cost. Lets say your 1070 breaks and you dont have any other card until you get a new one. In those times you can boot the PC with the 5700g, but not the 5600x. Or if you face graphics issues you can diagnose the problem better if you have a iGPU. It is one of the reasons why Intel non F chips sells more than F chips. But the performance sacrifice on Intel is not as much because the iGPU in them is pretty basic like a display adapter. There are people who are for it and vice versa.
I would say on Ryzen the performance cost is not worth it. I would rather go with a 5600x/5800x rather than a 5600g/5700g. Its inconvenient at those instances mentioned above but there are always workarounds. Its a hassle but worth the performance cost.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS