Question Upgrading PC, have some questions

Mar 17, 2020
Hello. I'm not a native English speaker, so I'm sorry for my grammar and other mistakes. I'm going to change my current system (i5 4670, 8gb ddr3) for a ryzen and have some questions. The system is for gaming mostly, I'm not into video coding or streaming. I'm playing in full hd mode (60 hz) and not going to change my monitor in the near future. My previous system worked fine for 7 years (so you can say I'm not a perfectionist in terms of gaming) and I'm looking for something that could be used for casual gaming (I mean like medium-settings) without major updates for 5-6 years.

1. CPU. Ryzen 5 3600 or 3600x? Difference in prices in my region is 30$. Or maybe 2700x (-20$ from the price of 3600) would be a better choice in terms of a long perspective? I mean +2 cores and +4 threads sounds good, but I'm not sure.
  2. Motherboard. MSI b450 Tomahawk Max or Gigabyte b450 Aorus Elite?
  3. RAM ddr4 Kingston HyperX Predator [HX432C16PB3K2/32]
  4. SSD M.2 A-Data XPG SX6000 Lite.
  5. GPU MSI gtx 1660 ti (already have it)
  6. PSU Corsair CX 600 (also have it and don't want to change it if possible in the near future).

Thank you for your attention.

Mar 17, 2020
I would say the 2700x, and the B450 Tomahawk max, given how long you wish to keep the system. I would replace that PSU, when possible. It is not a quality unit. A newer grey label Corsair CX would be much better.
Thank you for replying! Is my PSU really that bad? I mean I had absolutely no problems with it for 6 years, no BSODs, no unexpected reboots, and it works really quiet. What about "be quiet! System Power 9 600w CM [BN302]"?
Back to the CPU. I'm going to use 2 different OS for work and gaming (one on the SSD, another on HDD) and one of them is Win 7 64. 2700x or 3600 will work better with it? I also heard that 2700x can have some problems with RAM, will the mentioned RAM work fine with it? I'm not going to overclock anything and the less problems I get "out of the box" is the better. Finally, if I get 2700x, should I choose the box or oem version? The box one costs 35$ more, I know it has a cooler, but is this cooler good enough or I should change it for something better?