Upgrading PC - Need some advice!

sephorian

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
G'day,

This seems like the most appropriate place to ask so here goes. I haven't used my PC for gaming in a while (probably 5-6 months) and I just picked up Hitman: Absolution. I tried running the game on ultra but the benchmark struggled through 11-13 fps.

Now I'm not expecting it to run flawlessly on max settings but I thought I'd do a little better then that. I guess I considered my rig to be more powerful than it actually is and I was hoping someone could take a quick glance at my specs and recommend any upgrades.

I don't have a rock solid budget. I'm the type of person that will spend a bit more for quality. That being said, to give you a loose idea I'd say around ~$500-600 total.

I think more then anything I'd like to know which component would benefit most from an upgrade because none of them really stand out to me (maybe the CPU) but I'll leave it to the experts!

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
Mem: 16gb
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V LX
PSU: Antec Neo-Eco 620w

Pretty sure I've included all the relevant information, thanks for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to hearing some of your suggestions, cheers!

Solution
Yup, that's the problem then. I would just leave it off. It's used to smooth out edges on images. But I really doubt it'll have that big of an effect in game. I'm sure the game looks just fine without it.

sephorian

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Thanks for the reply and yep, I have the latest release drivers.

I noticed that turning off MSAA but leaving everything else on ultra improved my fps massively, back to 55-60 - Seems like a very intensive setting if used?

DeusAres

Distinguished
Yup, that's the problem then. I would just leave it off. It's used to smooth out edges on images. But I really doubt it'll have that big of an effect in game. I'm sure the game looks just fine without it.

Solution