[SOLVED] Upgrading PC - No display, all fans LEDs running, VGA White LED is on

Zane_Alto

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Just upgraded my PC with a new motherboard gpu cpu and ram but i cannot get any input on my screen, the mouse keyboard is lit up, LEDs are on, fans are running... Also I hear 1 long beep and 2 shorts beeps when starting up and a White LED on the motherboard is lit up and is next to VGA, Ive tried no graphics card, with graphics card, 1 ram, both ram

Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1660 6gb
msi B450M Pro-M2
2x4gb G.Skill DDR4 2400
Since I still have an LC Power 420W psu it doesn't have a cable for the graphics card so I cant use that yet
Also I read on https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm that 1 long beep and 2 short means - "Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information." Not sure if that has anything to do with this

Solution
First make sure that the power connectors from the PSU are seated in all the right places on the motherboard and also sit tight. Some might need some extra pressure.
Also make sure that you connected the CPU power and not only the motherboard power connector. Sometimes people forget that. Also remove all case buttons and LED pins from the motherboard, except for the power switch itself.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
First make sure that the power connectors from the PSU are seated in all the right places on the motherboard and also sit tight. Some might need some extra pressure.
Also make sure that you connected the CPU power and not only the motherboard power connector. Sometimes people forget that. Also remove all case buttons and LED pins from the motherboard, except for the power switch itself.

Solution