PhillipK

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Hello,

I have a question pertaining to these pieces of tech. Soon I will be upgrading my PC, I will be adding 2 sticks of 4GB ram, replacing an i3-4130 with an i7-4790k, and replacing a Geforce GTX 660 with a Geforce GTX 1070. I am wondering if, after doing these upgrades, I will have to enter BIOS mode and change anything there. If so, what would have to be changed? Also, would I only need updated drivers for the GPU or would I need updated drivers for everything?

Would appreciate any feedback!

Solution
Should just be plug and play although I'd do a clean install of the GPU drivers. Make sure your motherboard BIOS is updated enough to accept that 4790K. The only other possible issue is that memory is finicky and may not boot or be stable when adding in another kit even if identical.

WildCard999

Titan
Should just be plug and play although I'd do a clean install of the GPU drivers. Make sure your motherboard BIOS is updated enough to accept that 4790K. The only other possible issue is that memory is finicky and may not boot or be stable when adding in another kit even if identical.

Solution