Upgrading PC, Which video card to select?

Dec 3, 2018
Hello currently i have this specs

motherboard: msi ms 7850
cpu i7 4790
ram: 8gb

I wonder if these specs will cause problem if i buy a card like 1080ti or rtx 2080.

currently i use a r9 290 for the last 4 years and i want to buy a card which i can use for a 4 years too.

i also only have 60hz 1080p monitor so for right now, other resolutions are not an option. so basically i will run all games 1080p.

Solution
You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? If you meet the wattage for the GPU's you're looking for, I'd suggest a GTX1080Ti. Nothing more than that if you're going for 1080p on a non overclocked system. If you're concerned about power draw, then you can pick up the RTX2080 but it'll be more expensive than the GTX1080Ti furthermore, you've listed an i7-4790(non-K), if it were a K suffix processor, you'd have been able to overclock the system to gain some more out of the system.

Lutfij

Titan
You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? If you meet the wattage for the GPU's you're looking for, I'd suggest a GTX1080Ti. Nothing more than that if you're going for 1080p on a non overclocked system. If you're concerned about power draw, then you can pick up the RTX2080 but it'll be more expensive than the GTX1080Ti furthermore, you've listed an i7-4790(non-K), if it were a K suffix processor, you'd have been able to overclock the system to gain some more out of the system.

Solution