Question Upgrading PC with Overheating issues

Mar 31, 2020
Heya, I've owned a prebuilt pc from Vibox for a number of years and I'm starting to run into issues. Primarily, I use it for gaming and making music, but the hardware is getting a little old, so it is not keeping up very well with current games. I'm not a graphics nut who needs everything to be on the most blowout high settings or anything. In fact I have it hooked to 1080p and whilst I might upgrade my display beyond that eventually, you get the idea that I don't the newest and greatest in tech.

Ok, that all said and done, I am looking to upgrade my cpu and GPU, but I don't know much about replacing parts, compatibility of components with motherboards or cooling (more on that last one at the end). My current setup is as follows:

CPU Processor: AMD FX(TM)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270 (not the X version)

PSU: Aerocool Integrator 500W (don't now much more about it sorry)

Ram: Total/Installed Physical Memory 16.0GB, Available Physical Memory 11.6GB (dunno if this is meant to be significantly lower)
Total Virtual Memory 33GB, Available Virtual Memory (28.2GB)

Motherboard: 760GMA P34 fx MS-7641

Dunno if this includes all the necessary parts, let me know if not.

Finally, one of the reasons that's prompted me to go for an upgrade, is the fact that my PC has overheating as of late. But obviously I don't want to get more powerful parts and start overheating them as well. As far as I can tell, I think the CPU heat sink that juts out from the motherboard might be the issue but I don't know. This is probably not enough to go on, sorry about that, but I don't really know what I'm talking about.

I have a decent budget of £400-700 (GBP) and I'm looking for suggestions. Again, I'm looking for a new GPU and CPU, but I may also need something cooling or power related with that. I'm not sure how to add pictures to this post so if you want to take a look inside the machine, I will try to post a picture in a reply to your comment.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for such a long post. Hope you're all keeping safe during these troubled times!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS