[SOLVED] Upgrading pcu and gpu

Jan 10, 2019
I currently have an AMD A4-5300B APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics. I have 8 gb of ram and a 230 w power supply. If I am currently on a budget and found a $20 amd a8 which I ordered. I am also receiving a gtx 1050ti. when I replace the cpu and gpu, will everything work fine? the last time I got a new gpu, It didn't work. so im just trying to make sure. any help is appreciated.

Solution
Usually depends on the motherboard whether something will work or not. However, with that odd wattage for your power supply I am guessing you have a prebuilt PC.

For one, the GTX 1050 ti requires 300 W according to official Nvidia specifications. As such it's best to upgrade the PSU so it can adequately handle the power delivery required.

The other is, depending on the system integrator (if it is a prebuilt), the BIOS may be locked to prevent certain upgrades. If really unfortunate it could mean both CPU and graphics card upgrades are limited.
Usually depends on the motherboard whether something will work or not. However, with that odd wattage for your power supply I am guessing you have a prebuilt PC.

For one, the GTX 1050 ti requires 300 W according to official Nvidia specifications. As such it's best to upgrade the PSU so it can adequately handle the power delivery required.

The other is, depending on the system integrator (if it is a prebuilt), the BIOS may be locked to prevent certain upgrades. If really unfortunate it could mean both CPU and graphics card upgrades are limited.

Solution