[SOLVED] Upgrading Power Supply

Jun 5, 2020
I got HP 1494 motherboard, 350w power supply, i5-2400 and I just bought rx 570 and now i need to upgrade my power supply. can anyone help?

Solution
Fortunately, it looks like that board uses a standard atx connector. Unfortunately, there is a worldwide shortage of psu's and other parts, thus quality units get sold out rapidly as soon as they get in stock and prices are inflated due to tariffs and the pandemic. You would look for a 450w+ psu, The corsair cx450 comes and goes, and if you can find one for ~$65, that would be the minimum.

Otherwise, the antec neoeco zen looks to be alright.
Fortunately, it looks like that board uses a standard atx connector. Unfortunately, there is a worldwide shortage of psu's and other parts, thus quality units get sold out rapidly as soon as they get in stock and prices are inflated due to tariffs and the pandemic. You would look for a 450w+ psu, The corsair cx450 comes and goes, and if you can find one for ~$65, that would be the minimum.

Solution

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Corsair would be my preference for a new PSU too, although 450w is the absolute minimum recommendation for a 570.

I'd go for 600w as psu have best efficiency generally between 50-80% capacity, plus you'd not need another bigger PSU when you upgrade next time as long as you stick to a single GPU

Jun 5, 2020

What About corsair vs550

What Should i do then?
You can do with an adapter like this, but I'd ask someone from the UK to where you can get one like this.

41DHBj-4pfL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Reactions: El Skipper

TRENDING THREADS