[SOLVED] upgrading prebuilt pc

Dec 2, 2019
I have a HP Pavilion 590-p0076 and i want to put a gtx 1650 but it has single channel ram how much FPS do i get

Solution
You don't have to disable anything. Put the new graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot and move the monitor's video cable (HDMI, DVI, DP) over to the new graphics card. When you turn on the PC, it will see the card in the slot and use it instead of the iGPU. A couple thoughts...
(1) If you are still using an analog (VGA) cable from monitor to PC, you will not be able to connect up. That's because modern cards no longer support the old analog interface.
(2) Also, if your PSU doesn't have an available 6-pin connector, be sure to find a GTX 1650 that doesn't require one.
Dec 2, 2019
It's shown that dual channel memory gives you ~10% performance bump over single channel memory. So yes, there will be a degradation in performance running a single stick of RAM. Especially the iGPU part of the APU. It uses system RAM for its video memory (unlike discrete graphic cards).
What should i do first when putting in the gpu cause ik your supposed to disable the apu but in bios they don’t have anything about that

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You don't have to disable anything. Put the new graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot and move the monitor's video cable (HDMI, DVI, DP) over to the new graphics card. When you turn on the PC, it will see the card in the slot and use it instead of the iGPU. A couple thoughts...
(1) If you are still using an analog (VGA) cable from monitor to PC, you will not be able to connect up. That's because modern cards no longer support the old analog interface.
(2) Also, if your PSU doesn't have an available 6-pin connector, be sure to find a GTX 1650 that doesn't require one.

Reactions: Blitxzz
Solution
Dec 2, 2019
if my monitor has a hdmi 1.4 and i connect it with the gpu and it has hdmi 2.0 will it work?